Celebrating the 2013 Creative Strategies Incubator Cohort
June 13, 2016; 4:00 pm – 6:00 pm
Spadina Theatre at Alliance Française Toronto
24 Spadina Road at Lowther Avenue (one block north of Bloor)
Metcalf’s Creative Strategies Incubator (CrSI) is a three-year granting program that supports Toronto-based professional performing arts companies as they pursue innovative solutions to longterm sector challenges. Through a correlating Learning Network, participating companies are encouraged on an ongoing basis to share their insights from implementing their funded projects.
The 2013 cohort’s initiatives all explore new approaches to, or alternative sources of, revenue:
- The Toronto Fringe created a crowdfunding site to support independent theatrical productions participating in the Fringe, and launched a comprehensive app for festival attendees.
- TAPA partnered with ArtsBuild Ontario and WorkInCulture to launch SpaceFinder Toronto, a searchable online database of creative venues that acts as a revenue-generating opportunity for local production companies.
- Tafelmusik revamped their online presence, streamlining customer interactions through the introduction of a new online sales platform.
- Art of Time Ensemble built a robust online hub around their company’s archive of audio and digital recordings.
- Acting Up Stage Company transformed their annual Koerner Hall concert series into a social enterprise and expanded it into a three-day event.
On June 13th, the Metcalf Foundation will hold a celebration of the 2013 CrSI companies — the first group to complete the program. Join us as we launch five short videos, created by Pixel Pi in collaboration with Shannon Litzenberger, that outline the strategic process each organization undertook to explore new revenue sources. Following the video presentations there will be an opportunity to engage with members of the funded initiatives and Metcalf staff at a celebratory reception.
If you require additional information about the event, please contact Performing Arts Program Director, Michael Trent at email@example.com or 416-926-0366 x 225.